Ellen Byrne has had a private practice in therapeutic bodywork since 1995, and specialized in Somatic Experiencing since 2004. Ellen is committed to providing compassionate and sensitive touch and supporting each client’s full experience of their healing process.
- Twin Lakes College, Certified Massage Practitioner, Santa Cruz, 1995 – 1997. Focus on Swedish Massage and Polarity Therapy.
- Beginning and Advanced Cranial Sacral Therapy with Marshall Amini Peller, SEP, CST in Capitola, California and at Heartwood Institute, 1997-2001. Teaching Assistant in weekend and weeklong intensive courses.
- Cranial Sacral Therapy I and II, Somatic Release I and II, Heart Centered Therapy, Pediatric Cranial Sacral Therapy and Visceral Manipulation 1A, Upledger Institute, 2000-2004.
- Somatic Education Program, 500 hours, 2001-2002. School for Body-Mind Centering, Amherst Massachusetts. Embodied Anatomy, Physiology and Developmental Movement.
- Port Townsend School of Massage, Licensed Massage Practitioner, Port Townsend, Washington, 2002-2003. NCBTMB certified school. Swedish massage, therapeutic massage and clinical applications.
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, 2004, by the Foundation for Human Enrichment (Somatic Experiencing Training Institute.)
- Somatic Practice Trainings with Kathy L. Kain: Resource and Self-Regulation, Working with Visceral and Deep Shock Patterns, Working with Diaphragms and Joints from a Trauma Perspective, Working with Motor Vehicle Accidents and Whiplash, Cranial I and II, Touching Through the Layers. 2005 –2010.
- Certified Body Therapist , 2011, Vodder Manual Lymph Drainage Therapy.
- On-going studies in the application of manual therapies (Ortho-Bionomy, Visceral and Cranial Sacral Therapy, Lymphatic Massage.)
- Functional Flow and Movement Assessment Training, Dr. Steven and Robyn Copabianco, 2013.
Certified Massage Therapist, State of California, #8665